ALRC Special School admissions open
Ananya Learning and Research Centre (Tnagar) is re-opening in JUNE 2018 after summer break and few admissions are available with scholarship.
ALRC is a full time pull out remediation centre for children with Specific Learning Difficulties, Remedial intervention is offered for children between the ages of 6 to 12, where the child is pulled out of the main stream school and given a remedial program based on multi sensory approach
We believe “Every child is unique” and should have individual attention, love and acceptance. Every child is not only capable of learning but also capable of succeeding. The Remediation program at the A L R C is carried out by a team of dedicated and trained special educators focused on building skills, channelizing energies and nurturing innate talents of the child thus ensuring a smooth transition to the mainstream school as confident and positive individuals.
This program is offered to the child after an Assessment of his/ her strengths and needs using global standardized assessment tools.
The remediation program is offered for a period of one to two years depending on the child’s needs after which the child is mainstreamed back to regular school. An Individual Education Program (IEP) is drawn out for the child based on his strengths and needs. It consists of skill building, need based and activity oriented learning.
Apart from academics and skill building, Ananya Learning and Research centre focuses on the holistic development of the child with a view to nurture innate abilities, talents, and interests of the child. Every child is exposed to the following activities namely:
- Yoga to help children discipline their mind and channelize their energies in a focused manner
- Movement Therapy to help the children overcome their spatial issues music, a calming therapy helps children to stay focus.
- Art & Craft helps to develop concentration, fine motor skills and eye hand coordination which are an integral part of development of the child.
- Hydra is one of the arms of MDA bases on multiple intelligence theory. It focuses on nurturing the natural potential of children.
- Occupational Therapy, also known as OT is an important component in Remediation. It focuses on helping children with physical ability, sensory integration , attention and concentration to enhance their skills .
ARLC ties up with Professional Behavioral and Health Services to provide counselling for children and parents as part of the personality development of the child.
Any remediation is a three-way interaction between the child, parent and the teacher with the child being the central part. Periodic meetings are conducted with parents where they are updated on the child’s progress and briefed on how to monitor the child’s homework and assignments allowing independence in a responsible way.
For More details contact: 99406 21463.