Bharatanatyam performance by P.Lekha
P.Lekha , disciple of Smt.Priya Murle, an aspiring Bharatanatyam dancer and regularly performed in leading sabhas for the past 10 years. She have been part of many of the dance productions led by guru and other prominent dancers. Lekha have been a part of many workshops conducted by many illustrious dancers and gurus through ABHAI (Association of Bharathanatyam Dancers of India). Recently in the year 2017, She was the recipient of the Pandanallur Meenakshi Sundaram Pillai Endowment Prize from Krishna Gana Sabha.
Various Performances Given by Lekha
- ‘Panchathuram’ in Sri Pothai for Sri Muthukrishna Swamy Trust December,2017
- ‘Hanuman Chalisa’ in Madhuram Narayanan Centre 2017
- ‘Aranganin Paathayil’ for Parashaah Group November,2017
- ‘Panchathuram’ in ‘OASIS Cultural Festival ’ BITS Pilani 2017
- ‘Panchathuram’ for the 10th Anniversary Celebration of Silambam Banglore 2017
- ‘Pancharthuram’ for Sivarathri celebrations in Thirunallar, Nagapattinam, Chidambaram 2017
- ‘Panchathuram in Dakshinamurthy Auditorium 2017
- Krishna Gana Sabha ‘Ilamayil Thiramai Festival’ 2016
- Performance in American School , Taramani 2016
- ‘Aadal Arasigal in Sagamam II’ for Makkal TV through ABHAI 2016
- Navavidha Bakthi in Kapaleeshwar Temple 2016
- Performed at Thyaga Brahma Gana Sabha in Vani Mahal in 2013
- Performed at the Brahmotsavam festival at Thirupathi in 2012.
- Bharat Kalachar, during the Yuva Utsav in the year 2011.
- Mylapore Fine Arts ,Mylapore ,Chennai in the year 2010
- Kapali Fine Arts at RK Swamy hall Mylapore, Chennai in the year 2009
- Accompanied her guru in her guru’s dance recitals in Mylapore fine arts, Nungambakkam cultural academy, Indian fine arts, Karthik fine arts 2009
- Performed in the dance festival at Marudeeshwaran temple 2009
- Silambam’s performance at Tiruchanoor temple for the Brahmotsavam festival in 2009
- Silambams Production – Sapthamatrika under the auspices of Gana Mukundha Priya in the year 2009.
- Sivarathiri Festival at the Tiruvaroor Sivan Temple in the year 2009.
- Parthasarathy Sabha at the RK Swamy hall Mylapore Chennai in the year 2009
- Silambams performance for the French Delegates in Chennai 2008
- Silambams performance at the Tiruchanoor temple for the Brahmotsavam festival in the year 2008
- Arangetram in the year 2008 at Sivakami Pethachi Hall Mylapore.
Competitions and recognition
- Bharat kalachar scholarship from the year 2005
- Shiba Fine arts academy first prize in the classical dance category in the year 2006 Isai Vizha
- Raj TV Mudhalvan awards 2007 dance competition – First Prize.
- All India Akashvani Annual awards year 2005 – conducted by All India Radio – First Prize
- Prize from Kalai Panpadu Thurai Tamil Nadu Siruvar Mandram Chennai District Cultural Competitions.
- Zonal level in the Govt Of India – Balashree Award competition
- Received the ‘Guru Pandanallur Meenakshi Sundaram Pillai Endowment Award‘ from Krishna Gana Sabha 2017 in their 62nd Annual Arts Festival.
She is performing this year on
· 20th December 2017 in Bhavan’s TAG Auditorium, Bhavan’s Rajaji Vidhyashram School, No 6. Kilpauk Garden Road , Kilpauk ,Chennai
· 23rd December 2017 in Anusham Arts Festival – RR Sabha , Sri Chandrashekarendra Saraswati hall , 30/1 Sundareswarar street , Mylapore , Chennai.
ALL ARE WELCOMED