Intensified Pulse Polio Immunization (IPPI) on 11-03-2018
As part of Nationwide Intensified Pulse Polio Immunization Campaign on 11-03-2018, Tamil Nadu State has made all arrangements to conduct the campaign by specially establishing 43,051 booths in all PHCs/Government Hospitals/ICDS centres, Noon meal centres, schools and other important places.
1. Immunization booths will function from 7am to 5pm
2. All children in the age group of (0-5) years including the children given 2 drops of Polio vaccine in the first round
28-01-2018 (Sunday), Second round will be given on 11-03-2018 (Sunday).
3. Children immunized recently under Routine Immunization Schedule should also to be given Polio drops on the campaign days.
4. All newborn children should be given Polio drops on campaign days.
5. To identify missed out children, finger marking is done for all vaccinated children on the left little finger.
6. Private Pediatricians will also administer polio drops in their clinics on IPPI days.
7. Children of Migrant laborers are also given polio drops on the campaign days.
Transit booths / mobile teams to cover moving children and remote area population:
1652 transit booths will be functioning in major bus stands, railway stations, Toll plazas, Checkposts, Airports during the campaign days to cover the children on travel. 1000 mobile teams have also been formed to administer polio drops to children living in remote, inaccessible and migrant areas.
Mobilization of Manpower:
About 2 lakhs personnel from Health, Integrated Child Development scheme, Education and other Government Departments and volunteers are participating in the Campaign. IPPI is supported by UNICEF, WHO and
Tamil Nadu stepping into 14th Polio Free Year:
Due to successful implementation of Pulse Polio Campaigns, the State is entering 14th polio free year. Now, it is very much crucial to sustain this polio free status and also to protect our children from any possible transmission of wild polio virus. All parents are requested to utilize this opportunity and get their children immunized on Pulse Polio days. “Let us Join hands for total eradication of Poliomyelitis from the earth”