UberEATS goes live in Singara Chennai
- The service commences at 12:00 PM IST on October 12, 2017.
- Partnership with over 200+ restaurants in Nungambakkam, T. Nagar, Adyar, Besant Nagar, Thiruvanmiyur, Mylapore, Alwarpet and Royapettah
- UberEATS also announces FestiveEATS. Celebration always starts with food and with FestiveEATS, consumers can enjoy exclusive in-app inipagam
Connecting people to the food they love, UberEATS, the on-demand food delivery app is launching its service in Chennai. Partnering with over 200 restaurants around the city, Chennaites can now order their favourite food from restaurants like A2B vegetarian restaurant (exclusive on UberEATS), Aasife Biryani, Cream Stone and Fruit shop on Greams road to name a few.
Commenting on the launch Bhavik Rathod, Head of UberEATS India said, “We’re excited to launch UberEATS in Chennai within five months of commencing UberEATS operations in India. Synonymous to quick and reliable food delivery, we’re committed to providing a great experience to our consumers by giving them the power to choose from a range of cuisines at the push of a button. Our aim is to help everyone discover great food through the perfect pairing of amazing restaurant partners, our technology, and the Uber delivery network.”
Interesting food trends in the city include:
- South Indian food is the most preferred cuisine in Chennai with dosas being the most ordered items
- Chennai enjoys their breakfast more than any other city with the most number of restaurants/eateries opening before 8am
- Biryani is the fastest growing segment in Chennai with the maximum outlets opened in the last 2 years
- Home baking as a culture is picking up across Chennai with more than 50 bakers operating out of homes or cloud kitchens
UberEATS is also delivering happiness this festive season with the launch of FestiveEATS. Festivals are about happiness, coming together and celebration starts with food. From October 14, consumers can enjoy exclusive offers on UberEATS app and get them delivered to their doorstep. All of this will be available at an introductory launch delivery fee of Rupees one.
“Chai Kings are super excited to partner with UberEATS. We believe in Uber’s market reach, technology and customer centric approach to help grow our brand’s visibility and our customer base. Uber’s experience in logistics could be the game changer in the food delivery space. We just can’t wait for UberEATS to launch!” – Jahabar Sadique, Founder, Chai Kings
UberEATS was started in 2014 as a small delivery pilot in Los Angeles and launched as a separate application in Toronto in December 2015. Since then, it has grown incredibly fast, and is now a stand-alone app available in 29 countries and in 130 cities around the globe. In India, UberEATS was first launched in Mumbai in May 2017. Within 5 months, the service has been expanded to Delhi, Gurgaon, Bangalore, and is also launching in Chennai tomorrow.
The UberEATS app is separate to the Uber app that people use to request a ride. The app has been built specifically to make food delivery as seamless as possible, at the tap of a button.
Getting started with UberEATS is easy:
- Download the UberEATS app
- Pick delivery location – Input your address where you would like your meal delivered
- Find the perfect meal – Browse local restaurants or search by cuisine type, and sort according to price, dietary needs, and speed, to find exactly what your taste buds are asking for
- Place your order – Pick the items you want right away or schedule your order to arrive at your convenience
- Pay through PayTM – Our launch partner, PayTM, will make it easy for you to pay for your orders
- Track the progress of your delivery – Get updates as your order is prepared and track real-time as the order gets delivered to your destination